Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Murder for a Dollar (April 3)

Hello, fans and readers! In addition to my new monthly video podcast, I also decided it would be fun to start a new series of articles called "Murder for a Dollar" where I share a list of a few books you can get RIGHT NOW for a dollar. (or a couple of dollars, but I will try to stick close to the $1 mark as close as possible). I'll do this every couple of weeks when I see there are new or interesting books on sale on Kindle.

So without further ado, here we go! Murder for a Dollar (for April 3rd 2019)

Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear ($1.99)

First on today's list is Maisie Dobbs. If you watched or listened to the recent podcast, you'll know I love this historical series set during WWI (and no WWII) and am excited to finally go back and give this first book in the series a read.

Potions and Pastries by Bailey Cates ($1.99)

Give me a mystery with witches, magic, or cats involved and I am there. I've not read any of the books in this series, but it looks like now is my chance!

Survival of the Fritters by Ginger Bolton ($1.99)

When they announced this book, I was head over heels. My favorite guilty indulgence (besides coffee) is donuts! And just look at how adorable that cat is! Who wouldn't want to read this?

The Tell-Tale Tarte by Maya Corrigan ($0.99)

I'm a huge fan of Edgar Allan Poe and enjoy whenever he is referenced in a mystery. In this one, it's a Poe impersonator who bites the dust. Also, this cover with the delicious food in the foreground and the ocean behind is to die for. Not to mention, as a work from home married man, I love me some easy and quick five-ingredient recipes. 

Mother's Day, Muffins, and Murder by Sara Rosett ($0.99)

Who used to love and read the Goosebumps books by R.L. Stine? (Who am I kidding? I still read them!) This cover reminds me so much of the Say Cheese and Die books! Also, a mystery surrounding a holiday? Yes, please! Not to mention the school setting is always fun!

Easter Bunny Murder by Leslie Meier ($0.99)

Okay, so those who are my friends know it is no big secret that I love Leslie Meier and that her series about Lucy Stone is the whole reason I have even attempted writing a mystery! Well, just in time for Easter, this little dandy treat is on sale! Also, there are a handful of others in this series on sale as well for 99 cents!

Murder, She Barked by Krista Davis ($1.99)

Do you adore animals? Don't pass up on this series about a pet-themed hotel and resort! Cute dogs and cats galore! I've only read the Halloween entry in this series (surprise, surprise) but I'm sure this one is the cat's meow.

Fry Me a Liver by Delia Rosen ($0.99)

Okay, so I'll be the first to admit I've never heard of this series before. However, the cover was so delightful and intriguing that I had to include it. It reminds me of some of my favorite hidden object adventure mystery games! I love food on the cover of any book and I'm very interested in this one.

Stay at Home Dead by Jeffery Allen ($0.99)

I've had this series suggested to me on multiple occasions but never taken the chance to read it. Maybe I can now! In fact, all three books in the series are on sale for 99 cents right now! If you are interested in reading a cozy mystery with a male MC, give it a try. 

Samhain Secrets by Jennifer David Hesse ($0.99)

When I first encountered this series, I was head over heels. A line of cozy mysteries geared toward a pagan and Wiccan audience? How interesting and original (and perfect for me)! Now, you all know I love Halloween, so I can't recommend this entry enough! 

No comments:

Post a Comment